Some of the criteria used to determine if the child should remain at home, or if parents will be contacted to come and pick up the child from school are as follows:
1. if there is a temperature of 99.6 degrees with symptoms, such as headache, sore throat, nausea/vomiting, rashes.
2. if there is a temperature of 100 degrees with no symptoms. The student should remain home until the temperature has been normal for 24 hours without the aid of medication.
3. pink eye – students with pink eye shall be excluded from school until 24 hours after treatment has started.
4. head lice – If a child is found to have head lice, the parent will be called to come to the school and pick up the student. .
5. all injuries which result in unusual swelling, discoloration, or pain.
6. cuts which appear to require stitches.
7. dental injuries.