Can you believe summer vacation is over? I am thrilled to be part of the Clark Davidson staff and I know we will have a wonderful year! This will be my 19th year teaching elementary students. My husband, Troy, and I have four children and live northwest of Goddard. Our oldest daughter, Jessica, graduated from WSU with a nursing degree and works for a local physician. She is married with four children. Our daughter Julia graduated from WSU and worked in the lab at Wesley Hospital for two years. She was accepted into the KU School of Medicine in May. Our youngest daughter, Laura, is pursuing a nursing degree at WSU and will graduate in December. Our son, Garrett, is pursuing a business degree at WSU.
- Please sign your child’s agenda book each evening. Look it over carefully to make sure assignments are complete. You will find a folder for homework with the agenda in a binder. Please set aside a few minutes with your child to go over graded papers and homework as they come home along with notes from school. Students will also keep their passwords for MobyMax, Typing Club, Raz Kids, and Lexia in their agendas.
- Students are expected to know their multiplication facts through 12 at the beginning of 4th grade! Study multiplication facts for 10 minutes each night. If you don’t have time, use time in the car for review. You will be amazed at how 10 minutes here and there on a regular basis can make a difference. I will be testing each child several times during the week to note their progress.
- Read every evening for 15-20 minutes. A student’s reading level will improve with practice! Students are strongly encouraged to work on Lexia at home! They can make amazing progress in a short time if they work 10-20 minutes a couple times each week on their level.
- I encourage parents to contact me by email or phone with any messages or concerns. I check my email once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Please understand I will not respond when the students are in the classroom. Therefore, you may not receive a response until after school. If it is urgent, please call the school at 794-4260.
- Our lunch is scheduled from 12:00-12:25. Please send a healthy snack for later in the day. Cereal, crackers, granola bars, meat sticks, fruit or veggies make a great snack.
- Birthday parties are a special time for the class. You are welcome to bring treats or send them with your child. I like to schedule parties towards the end of the day from 3:00-3:25.
Thanks again for your help and support this coming year! Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns. I can be reached at (316)794-4260 or email@example.com.